cause and effect, Choice, Chopra, consciousness, Creativity, Deepak Chopra, Energy, happiness, Health, Karma, meditation, mind, philosophy, Philosophy of Mind, Religion and Spirituality, Self-Improvement, Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success, spirituality, success, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
This post covers Chopra’s Law of Cause and Effect from his seven laws of spiritual success that are detailed in his book, “The 7 Laws of Spiritual Success“ — practicing one each day is recommended. If you’d like, open the series from its beginning point or continue along here, the third day in the series.
Spiritual Laws of Success Introduction
The 7 Spiritual Laws of Success
by Deepak Chopra
quote: “You are not the drop in the ocean,
but the ocean in the drop.“
Law of Cause and Effect
This is commonly understood even in the West as Karma. “Karma” is both action and the consequence of that action; it is cause and effect simultaneously, because every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in kind.
Everyone recalls the expression, “What you sow is what you reap.” If we want to create happiness in our lives, we must learn to sow the seeds of happiness.
We must become consciously aware that the future is generated by the choices we are making in every moment of life.
Do this on a regular basis, making full use of this law. The more you bring your choices into conscious awareness, the more you will make those choices which are spontaneously correct — both for you and for those around you.
The energy flow of life is a harmonious interaction of all the elements and forces that structure the field of existence — that maintain reality. Because your body and your mind and the universe are in constant and dynamic change, stopping the circulation of energy is like stopping the flow of blood. Whenever blood stops flowing, it begins to clot, to stagnate. That is why you must give and receive in order to keep anything you want circulating in your life. Thus, the more you give, the more you will receive.
Deepak Chopra defines success as the continued expansion of happiness and the progressive realization of worthy goals. This definition is quite different to society’s rules for success, which is almost always connected to material gain or external recognition. Although these things are often the result of success, it is by no means the cause or even the definition of success.
The abundance of the universe is circulating in our lives. When choosing actions that bring happiness and success to others, the result is that happiness and success abound.
Here are three steps for putting the Law into effect:
1. Today I will witness the choices I make in each moment. And in the mere witnessing of these choices, I will bring them to my conscious awareness. I will know that the best way to prepare for any moment in the future is to be fully conscious in the present.
2. Whenever I make a choice, I will ask myself two questions: “What are the consequences of this choice that I’m making?” and “Will this choice bring fulfillment and happiness to me and also to those who are affected by this choice?”
3. I will then ask my heart for guidance and be guided by its message of comfort or discomfort. If the choice feels comfortable, I will plunge ahead with abandon. If the choice feels uncomfortable, I will pause and see the consequences of my action with my inner vision. This guidance will enable me to make spontaneously correct choices for myself and for all those around me.
The Secret of Creativity
Deepak Chopra explores the dynamics of a creative life and relationship of creativity and age (we don’t have to lose imagination as we grow older). How do you keep your creative spirit alive even as you progress further into adulthood? Rediscover plasticity.
You’ll possibly enjoy the debate and comments in “what danger?” where Chopra and Dawkins debate on consciousness and the origin of mankind and so on.
December is self-improvement month at this blog — let’s all get in touch with our best true selves and make this our month to end the year at our best. I’ll feature lots of content to improve the inner and outer us. Check back frequently.
Related articles (hunt4truth.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Laws of Success – Introduction
- Chapter 1: Spiritual Laws of Success – Pure Potentiality
- Chapter 2: Spiritual Laws of Success – Giving
- Chapter 3: Spiritual Laws of Success – Cause and Effect
- Chapter 4: Spiritual Laws of Success – Least Effort
- Chapter 5: Spiritual Laws of Success – Intention
- Chapter 6: Spiritual Laws of Success – Detachment
- Chapter 7: Spiritual Laws of Success – Purpose
- Review: Chopra: The 7 Spiritual Laws of Success