Exercise needn’t be heart-thumping or drench you in sweat to be effective. Gentle forms of exercise include some types of yoga, tai chi, swimming, walking and exercises performed while seated in a chair. If you are wondering where to begin, there is a lot of easy going exercise you can do to maintain or improve your health. Google ‘easy does it exercise’ — Web resources including outstanding videos.
The main thing is to get going — exercise and do a little each day — its about progress.
10 Ways You CAN Exercise At Home without Any Equipment
written By: Suzanne Hiscock
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to afford all of that fancy equipment used in the gyms? Well, as nice as it sounds, it just isn’t an option for most people. And since exercise is so important, you need to find exercises that are effective and don’t require any equipment at all.
To make these exercises even more fun, you can blast music while you’re doing them. Some you can even do while watching TV. See: 10 Ways to Exercise While Watching TV
- Walking – If the weather is nice, it’s wonderful to get outside and enjoy the scenery around you while you exercise. However, if the weather has other ideas, you can just as easily get an effective walking workout at home. If you have a flight of stairs, go up and down them a few times. (You could even grab a load of laundry as you’re going that way anyway!) This will help to tone up your legs, while getting some low impact aerobic exercise as well. If you don’t have any stairs available, just walk around the house a few times – it may not be very exciting, but it will do the job! See: How Many Calories Burned Walking 3.0 mph
- Jumping Jacks – These are always fun, as they bring back memories of being a kid! Who hasn’t done jumping jacks for fun as a child? Well, surprise – they are also great cardio exercises, and good for warming up, too.
- Pushups – These are probably not the most favorite exercise of many people, but while they can be hard to do, you can find easier ways to do them. You don’t need to pretend you’re “Rocky”, and do them with one hand; just do what works for you. Do them on your knees, instead of keeping your legs straight. Or, do them standing up against a wall. You will be building up arm strength and working out muscles in your chest area.
- Leg Lifts – These are great for building up strength and muscles in your legs. If you find it hard to do the exercises with your legs straight, try bending them slightly. See: 10 Minute Workout for Your Butt, Hips and Thighs
- Crunches – The best exercise for building up and strengthening abdominal muscles. When you’re just getting started, don’t worry about getting your head all the way up. So long as you’re going up until you feel the stretching of the muscles, you will see some benefit. See: 1000 Crunches a Day and Still No Abs!
- Jogging In Place – Jogging is a great exercise for your heart. You can jog in place at home while watching TV or listening to music. The only equipment you will require is a good pair of shoes, to eliminate any stress to your legs.
- Squats – These are wonderful exercises for your legs and buttocks. You can even just try these by sitting and standing up again from a regular chair, if you’re finding them to be too difficult. As long as you’re able to do a few repetitions, you will be providing some benefit to your body.
- Light Weight Lifting – No, you don’t need to go out and buy expensive weights for this! Just use whatever you can find in your house. Start out with something lighter, such as a can of peas, and work yourself up to heavier items. You can use milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles or even water jugs.
- Dancing – Dancing is a wonderful exercise, which is great for your heart. Not only that, but it can lift your spirits as well, and give your overall feeling a boost.
- Step Exercises – Using the steps in your home, you can do repetitions which will tone your leg muscles. (Just remember to be careful!)
Getting some exercise is important, but you don’t need to go out and join a gym, paying a large amount in membership fees each month. You don’t even need the expensive equipment in order to give your body an effective workout. Use what you have in your house, and work out in the comfort of your home. You will be more likely to keep up with the exercises when you’re comfortable, so just get up and start exercising!
Need help or want to collaborate with me? Just e-mail me at email@example.com
- ‘easy exercise’ beats the gym (hunt4truth.wordpress.com)
- habits of happiness… smiling (hunt4truth.wordpress.com)
- Simple Exercises for Beginners: Building up Your Strength (exercise.answers.com)
- Aerobic exercise in dorm rooms improves student health (cengagebrain.com)
- How Many Calories Do Different Exercises Burn? Alright, here’s the no-brainer of the day. What’s one of the keys to achieving a healthy weight? How Many Calories Do You Burn? Other Ways To Burn Calories (matthewkillorin.com)
- Best Exercises for Heartburn (heartburn.answers.com)
- Exercises to prevent chronic diseases (jess0303.wordpress.com)