10 Principles for Success and Inner Peace, embrace silence, forgive, Forgiveness, Give Up Your Personal History, life is beautiful, Love without resentment, Principles for Success, success, Tao Te Ching, Treasure Your Divinity, Treat Yourself As If You Already Were What You'd Like to Become, Wayne Dyer, Wisdom Is Avoiding All Thoughts Which Weaken You, You Can't Solve a Problem with the Same Mind That Created It
“When you are born,
your work is placed in your heart.”
~ Kahlil Gibran
Following is from work by
Ten Principles for Success and Inner Peace
The Fifth Principle:
Try to give yourself the gift of silence now and then. It’s really the space between the notes that makes the music you enjoy so much. Without the spaces, all you would have is one continuous noisy note. Everything that’s created comes out of silence.
There’s a momentary silence in the space between your thoughts that you can become aware of with practice. In this silent space, you’ll find the peace that you crave in your daily life. You’ll never know that peace if you have no spaces between your thoughts . . . it is when you merge in to the silence and become one with it that you reconnect to knowing the peacefulness of silence with God.
The space between the 60,000 thoughts we are said to have every day is where peace is. How do you access those spaces? Learn to make them bigger through meditation, through training your mind. Your thoughts are your thoughts after all. You can control them.
Accessing More Silence in Your Life
Make mediation a daily practice . . . Give yourself time to sit quietly alone . . . There are many opportunities to access silence. I try to meditate each time I stop at a red light . . . I probably stop at a red light 20 or 30 times a day, creating 40 minutes to an hour of silence. And there’s always someone behind me to let me know that my time is up.
Meditation Not Only Affects You. It Impacts Everyone Around You.
When you’re at peace, you radiate a different kind of energy than when you’re stressed or depressed. The more peaceful you become, the easier you can deflect the negative energies of those you encounter. This is like having an invisible shield around
you that nothing can penetrate unless it’s at a higher spiritual energy than your shield . . . A person who attempts to bring you into their misery cannot succeed without your agreement. Your mediation practice keeps you immune. Not only can you deflect the negativity of those around you, but your sense of peace will bring others into harmony with you.
Just being in the energy field of those who meditate raises the serotonin levels of the observers . . . The more you achieve peacefulness through meditation, the more your peaceful state impacts those around you. You will find your answers in the silence.
Our tendency is to over analyze everything and replay the details of what he said, why he said it, what went wrong. This makes it impossible to embrace silence.
Instead of rationalizing and asking your friends and family what to do without being you, just be you. Relax your mind. Open up the small spaces between your thoughts to silence. Learn about allowing and to listen to intuition.
Practicing mindfulness meditations is one way to connect with silence.
The Wilderness Is Therapy
Nature has a marvelous way of healing many maladies . . . Give yourself opportunities to be innature as a regular part of your life routine.
Keep Your Silent Communion with God to Yourself . . . ego can inhibit the creative process. For this reason, I urge you not to divulge your private insights, what you intend to create . . . When you talk about your emerging manifesting ideas and relate your insights to others, you often feel the need to explain and defend them. What happens is that ego has entered. Once the go is present, the manifesting stops. Silence is where manifesting occurs, so keep your potential miracles in the treasured silence that you embrace as often as possible.
The Wayne Dyer videos that I had put into this and the other posts from this series were removed from YouTube – I am doing my best to replace them when I find suitable substitutes.
In his video Dr. Wayne Dyer talks about the Ancient Wisdom understood by the Tao Te Ching. He expresses how the Spirit needs nothing and how we can Feel successful with no material objects in our world. The Spirit cares not about what it owns but about the progress it instills in the lives of all. * This is a must watch for Personal Development. “Change Your Thought, Change Your Life”.
Even one 10 minute change in your daily life may launch you on the way to making a big difference. Try it.
Here are 10 things that you might try:
- Before you get out of bed, lie still; notice the parts of your body that feel tight and tense. Get up and take time to stretch your legs, your arms and your lower back. Breathe in with each stretching movement; release and relax.
- Have breakfast outside on nice mornings.Being in nature can stimulate inner stillness.
- Find a quiet place at home where you can read and relax in peace.
- Sit and practice mindful meditation; just a 5-10 minute sessions for the first week to begin. Increase the time in a week.
- Turn the radio off while you’re driving and give the act of driving your full attention.
- Spend less time at your computer or turn off your mobile phone when you’re eating, sleeping, resting, driving and having important conversations.
- Have technology free nights without the TV, computer, radio phone, or video games.
- Take a few seconds to organize your thoughts before rambling onto conversation.
- Go for a quiet walk — without the iPod. Allow yourself to get lost in the sounds of nature.
- Enjoy the silence before you drift off to sleep. This will promote a feeling of calm, rest, and balance.
The above is from work by
Ten Principles for Success and Inner Peace
Thanks for visiting.
- morning Meditation
- Gratitude is essential
- Looking at yourself honestly – Respect and Gratitude
- Spiritual Laws of Success
- Mindfulness – it is improving us
- we exchange energy – always
- what is the happiest person in the world saying?
- awake my soul