Can you be gratitude?
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is
like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
~ William Arthur Ward
This is from work
by Ahalya Kumaran
How To Show Gratitude in Five Different Ways
How do you show gratitude? What do you actually do when you feel grateful for someone or something in your life?
Five ways to show gratitude:
1. Give a special note of acknowledgement: On someone’s birthday, instead of writing them an ordinary Happy Birthday note, tell them how much they mean to you. Tell them something specific they did that made a difference for you. Tell them why you’re grateful that they’re in your life. And of course, this doesn’t have to be limited to birthdays only. Any day is a good day to send a note like this.
2. Return the favor: Do something thoughtful for people you’re grateful for in a way that they’re not expecting. This could include making a special effort to spend quality time with them or buying them something they need or want. If you keep your eyes and ears open, an opportunity to show gratitude through a helping hand or a thoughtful gift will surely present itself. Regardless of what you do, be sure to tell them how grateful you are to have them in your life.
3. Say thank you: Say thank you to every little thing someone does for you that you appreciate. This is especially true when it comes to close family and friends. I have a few people in my life who constantly tell me not to thank them for little things they do because it’s their ‘duty’ or ‘that’s what friends are for’. I continue to ignore them and say thank you, partly because it’s how I’ve been raised and partly because it’s just the right thing to do.
4. Pay it forward: Do something nice for someone else. You can tell your boss about a colleague that’s done a great job or help someone take their groceries to their car. You can smile at everyone you pass on your way to work or leave an inspirational book on the bus.
5. Write it down: There’s something magical about writing things down. Whether it’s daily or weekly or sporadically throughout the month, write down what you’re grateful for. It could be in your journal or on your smart phone. You can make a quick list of whatever comes to mind or think long and hard to make sure you’re being thorough. Do whatever works for you. And don’t forget to include the things that didn’t feel good in the moment — you know, the tough lessons we learn from people or experiences that we’re grateful for in hindsight.
AhalyaTV is a new YouTube channel – created to inspire you and provide practical strategies to create the life and career you truly want – with clarity, confidence, and courage. You have a unique light within you, your innerOli. Subscribe to AhalyaTV and watch new episodes every week to discover your innerOli and connect to your brilliance!
Ahalya Kumaran is an acclaimed leadership and career coach, speaker, trainer and writer helping ambitious professionals and entrepreneurs across the globe make a meaningful difference and make money doing what they love! Ahalya believes it’s absolutely possible to be happy and fulfilled, successful and free, loved and continuously growing. She’ll show you how. Visit AhalyaKumaran.com today!
Video Production: Pearl Media Studios
Hair & Makeup: Dilani Bala Studios
Artwork: Nara Nadesan
Visit http://www.AhalyaKumaran.com for more inspiration and practical strategies to create the life and career you truly want.
The above is from work
by Ahalya Kumaran
“The Stillness is You“
Chopra’s ‘stillness’ and you (wisdom moment):
Watch the stillness and watch the one who is watching… herein is living free and in fullness with every moment.
Each WisdomFilm contains an inspiring messages provided by the leading Thought Leaders of our time. During these busy times, when many people are feeling overwhelmed, it is our hope that these meditations will deepen your access to a deep gratitude for the very preciousness of life.
DEEPAK CHOPRA, M.D. is the author of more than fifty books translated into over thirty-five languages, heralded by TIME magazine as one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century crediting him as the “poet-prophet of alternative medicine” www.chopra.com
Need help or want to collaborate with me?
Just e-mail me at email@example.com
- morning Meditation
- Gratitude is essential
- Looking at yourself honestly – Respect
- Spiritual Laws of Success
- Mindfulness – it is improving us
- we exchange energy – always
- listen with compassion
- your eMotion matters
- what is the happiest person in the world saying?
- awake my soul