giving to listening in a transformative way to lessen any suffering.
“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.”
Here is the longer interview excerpt with Oprah:
Thich Nhất Hanh on becoming a monk, meeting Martin Luther King Jr; concentration and compassion, power of mindfulness, insight, how to transform warring parties and how to deeply transform relationships.
Thanks for visiting.
- strength through peace — or else (hunt4truth.wordpress.org)
- will science liberate humanity or shackle it? (hunt4truth.wordpress.org)
- mindfulness and prayerful healing (hunt4truth.wordpress.com)
- change from within (hunt4truth.wordpress.org)
- meditation changes brains (hunt4truth.wordpress.com)
- Oprah Winfrey with Thich Nhat Hanh (neverlamentcasually.wordpress.com)
- Thich Nhat Hanh: Only Love For Mother Earth Can Save Us From Climate Change (bensalves.wordpress.com)
- Powerful Compassion with Thich Nhat Hanh (everydaygurus.com)
- 60 Seconds with Thich Nhat Hanh (heatherlynmann.com)