Chopra, consciousness, Creativity, Deepak Chopra, Energy, happiness, Health, meditation, mind, philosophy, Philosophy of Mind, Religion and Spirituality, Self-Improvement, Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success, spirituality, success, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
This post covers Chopra’s Law of Giving from his seven laws of spiritual success that are detailed in his book, “The 7 Laws of Spiritual Success“ — practicing one each day is recommended.
If you’d like, open the series from its beginning point or continue along here, the second day in the series.
Spiritual Laws of Success – Introduction
The 7 Spiritual Laws of Success
by Deepak Chopra
quote: “Don’t try to steer the river.“
Law of Giving
Energy exchange appears to be the single most important and central law of all because everything directly or indirectly needs appropriate exchanges or transfers of energy for either sustainability or to grow/expand. The universe operates through dynamic exchange — flow of matter and energy.
The flow of life is nothing other than the harmonious interaction of all the elements and forces that structure the field of existence. Because your body and your mind and the universe are in constant and dynamic change, stopping the circulation of energy is like stopping the flow of blood. Whenever blood stops flowing, it begins to clot, to stagnate. That is why you must give and receive in order to keep wealth and affluence—or anything you want—circulating in your life. Thus, the more you give, the more you will receive.
Deepak Chopra defines success as the continued expansion of happiness and the progressive realization of worthy goals. This definition is quite different to society’s rules for success, which is almost always connected to material gain or external recognition. Although these things are often the result of success, it is by no means the cause or even the definition of success.
The following are Chopra’s three steps for the willingness to give that which we seek — the abundance of the universe that is circulating in our lives.
1. Wherever I go, and whomever I encounter, I will bring them a gift. The gift may be a compliment, a flower, or a prayer. Today, I will give something to everyone I come into contact with, and so I will begin the process of circulating joy, wealth and affluence in my life and in the lives of others.
2. Today I will gratefully receive all the gifts that life has to offer me. I will receive the gifts of nature: sunlight and the sound of birds singing, or spring showers or the first snow of winter. I will also be open to receiving from others, whether it be in the form of a material gift, money, a compliment or a prayer.
3. I will make a commitment to keep wealth circulating in my life by giving and receiving life’s most precious gifts: the gifts of caring, affection, appreciation and love. Each time I meet someone, I will silently wish them happiness, joy and laughter.
You’ll possibly enjoy the debate and comments in “what danger?” where Chopra and Dawkins debate on consciousness and the origin of mankind and so on.
December is self-improvement month at this blog — let’s all get in touch with our best true selves and make this our month to end the year at our best. I’ll feature lots of content to improve the inner and outer us. Check back frequently.
Related articles (hunt4truth.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Laws of Success – Introduction
- Chapter 1: Spiritual Laws of Success – Pure Potentiality
- Chapter 2: Spiritual Laws of Success – Giving
- Chapter 3: Spiritual Laws of Success – Cause and Effect
- Chapter 4: Spiritual Laws of Success – Least Effort
- Chapter 5: Spiritual Laws of Success – Intention
- Chapter 6: Spiritual Laws of Success – Detachment
- Chapter 7: Spiritual Laws of Success – Purpose
- Review: Chopra: The 7 Spiritual Laws of Success